This course will be delivered via Zoom on Thursday 15 April 2021 from 9.30am to 12.30pm. The Zoom link will be emailed to participants the day before the course is due to take place.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for audit professionals.
- Regulatory Matters – A panel session with Keven Prendergast, CEO of the Irish Auditing and Supervisory Authority (IAASA), Patrick Parent, Chair of the Committee of European Auditing Oversight Bodies (CEAOB) and Mark Babington, Executive Director, Regulatory Standards, Financial Reporting Council (FRC).
- Audit Registration: Post Brexit (Karen Flannery, Head of Professional Standards Projects, Chartered Accountants Ireland)
- Practical Guide to the Key Audit Technical Updates 2021 (Brian Murphy, Partner, Deloitte) – This session will bring you through some practical examples of the key updates to ISA’s relevant for all 2020 year ends including ISA 540, ISA 570 and ISA 700 and how to apply these to your audits.
- Audit Talent Attraction and Retention in an Employee Driven Market (Elaine Brady, Managing Partner, Barden).
- Audit Talent – A panel session with Emma Murray (Partner, PwC Belfast). Information regarding other panellists to follow.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Have a deeper understanding of the key regulatory, technical and talent issues impacting the audit profession.
- CPD hours: 3.00
Kevin Prendergast (FCA), Chief Executive, Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority (IAASA) Kevin joined IAASA in November 2016 from his role as Head of Enforcement with the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement, having been employed there since 2005. Prior to that he worked in the Large Cases Division of the Revenue Commissioners and also has several years’ experience in the private sector, including a number of years working in an audit firm.
Patrick Parent, Chair, Committee of European Auditing Oversight Bodies (CEAOB) Patrick term as Chair of the CEAOB started on 12 July 2020. He is also senior advisor to the Chairperson of H3C for international matters. He has extensive experience in audit practice and regulation after having served six years on the Board of the H3C, the French Audit Oversight Body, and in financial regulation as Chief Accountant of the French Securities and Markets Regulator.
Karen Flannery, Head of Professional Standards Projects, Chartered Accountants Ireland. Karen works with Professional Standards colleagues to respond to changes in the regulatory environment arising from legislation, oversight body recommendations and government policy. Karen has experience of a range of regulatory and technical matters pertinent to the audit and accounting profession.
Brian Murphy, Partner, Deloitte. Brian is a partner in Deloitte’s Audit and Assurance department, within the Consumer and Technology Business team. He has over 14 years of experience, providing audit and advisory services to a wide range of business sectors. His portfolio consists primarily of large privately owned businesses, both family and private equity backed. Brian lectures extensively on behalf of the Institute, he is a past Chair of the Leinster Society and is the current Chair of CA Support.
Elaine Brady, Managing Partner, Barden. Elaine is the Managing Partner and co-founder of Barden, a partner led expert recruitment firm. It was born out of a desire to change what the market expects from the recruitment industry, by being people passionate about changing people’s lives. With over 15 years accounting recruitment experience, Elaine is the go-to-recruiter of choice for the accounting profession
John Slattery, Inspo. Former auditor and now one of the emerging motivators in Ireland, John has been motivating local and international audiences for five years with his business Inspo.
Emma Murray, Partner, PwC