This summer three of Chartered Accountants Worldwide’s brightest talents attended the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany. They joined 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries who came together focused on opportunities for the financial sector to contribute to global and social development around the world. So how was the experience and what did they learn?
Aisling McCaffrey, Chartered Accountants Ireland, Yvonne Chapuswike, Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants and Caroline McGroary, Chartered Accountants Ireland had the opportunity to attend the summit, which had a star studded lineup of speakers including politicians, business leaders, entertainers turned activists, environmental campaigners and the healthcare sector including:
- Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland & Chair of The Elders
- Professor Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate & founder, Grameen Bank
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General of World Health Organization
- Dame Vivian Hunt, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Angela Hwang, Group President, Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals Group
- Sir Lewis Hamilton, Formula One Champion
- Halima Aden, fashion model and refugee
Aisling, Yvonne and Caroline have diverse careers as an associate director, business analyst and assistant professor respectively, in Ireland and in Zambia. So they were interested in the wide variety of topics from climate change to education to the post-Covid recovery.