‘Beyond Accounting – The Sustainable Accountant’ aims to inform Finance professionals about Environment, Social and Governance – challenges and opportunities for Accountants.
In the opening session our speakers focus on what an ‘Environment, Social and Governance’ focus means for accountants. In our opening segment Feven will discuss the future skills accountants need as our roles continue to change with a focus on ESG. Gerard then covers ESG Finance – and getting to net zero, with his specialism being a focus on renewable energy. George then talks about ESG assurance – and reporting – based on engagements he has led with a mix of FTSE 100 and non-audit clients. After which they will respond to audience Q&A.
In our second session, Brian Keegan interviews our keynote speaker Kevin Dancey – about what sustainability means for the accounting profession now and in the future. Kevin as CEO of IFAC has published multiple commentaries on this this year and will draw from this subject matter in this session.
Date: 17 June 2021
Time: 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific / 4pm UK/Ireland
Price: $20 (Discount coupons available for members and associates see below)
CPE: Up to 2 credits
Discounts available for members:
Attendance is free for members of ICAEW, ICAS, SAICA, CA ANZ, CA Ireland and paid up Associates. ICAEW, ICAS, SAICA, CA ANZ and CA Ireland members should use the following discount code:
- ba3free – For ICAEW, ICAS, SAICA, CA ANZ, CA Ireland and paid up Associates, to attend and request optional CPE certificate, assuming you answer polling questions / qualify.
- Others – $20 plus optional CPE certificate, assuming you answer polling questions / qualify.
To get more information please email: chiefexecutive@
Finance leaders need to be aware of the increasing focus on accounting and reporting on sustainability topics in general, and especially on those that directly impact their way of doing business. The event presenters will collectively share a cross section of insights including:
• The skills an accountant should consider acquiring or augmenting as our professional landscape is evolving to include a focus on ESG
• How companies can embrace and action a focus to ‘getting to net zero’ and what this means for accountants
• A practical insight into delivering ESG assurance and reporting to audit and non-audit clients
• Insights into what it means to be a ‘sustainable accountant’. How the focus of accountants globally is changing to adjust to a focus on ESG.