This Masterclass will provide a high-level overview of the key global, European and national regulations, standards and developments impacting sustainability governance, reporting and assurance, with an emphasis on areas highly relevant to accountants.
By registering for this course you have accepted the terms and conditions
Training ticket cost:
6.00 Training Tickets accepted
This course will be delivered via Zoom on Thursday 26 October 2023 from 9.30 am to 13:30 pm. The Zoom link will be emailed to participants the day before the course is due to take place.
This course will follow the Virtual Classroom format and encompass two, three-hour sessions. The online interactive live sessions will utilise the functionality of our online learning platform and will be an engaging, collaborative manner of learning. This session will not be recorded, and therefore attendance is required.
Who should attend
This Masterclass is designed for all professional accountants and finance professionals working in business or practice, wishing to consolidate their knowledge and understanding of the sustainability regulatory, reporting and assurance landscape.
The masterclass is designed to provide a high-level overview and will bring together a diverse range of speakers to provide key updates and insights on the global, European, and national sustainability requirements and principles most impacting the role of professional accountants. This will include:
- The definition of sustainability and ESG, and applying them in different organisational contexts
- The intersection of finance (including funding opportunities), regulation, governance, reporting and assurance – Insights on how these are impacted by the evolving sustainability requirements from various stakeholders, including regulators and society.
- The regulatory landscape – an overview of the key regulations, the impact on all types of organisations and the core requirements.
- Principles and Frameworks – An overview and explanation of common sustainability principles and frameworks, including the United
- Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and applying them in an organisational context.
- The Sustainability Reporting landscape – An overview of the current sustainability reporting landscape, examples of reporting and the latest developments in context of International Sustainability Standards Board and European Sustainability Reporting Standards, the
- Impact of Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and other legal developments for accountants.
- The Sustainability Assurance Landscape – An overview of the current sustainability assurance landscape, the evolving situation under CSRD and future developments impacting assurance such as those proposed in the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CS3D).
Key Learning Outcomes
This course is in the palnning stage and details will be updated shortly
- Interpret the terminology and summarise key sustainability requirements impacting organisations, e.g. CSRD.
- Explain the laws, regulations, standards, principles and best practice driving the corporate sustainability compliance agenda.
- Prioritise sustainability requirements and plan next steps from a governance (including risk management and compliance), reporting, and assurance perspective.
- Describe examples of sustainability compliance initiatives and approaches taken by various organisations.
- Describe recent developments in sustainability governance, reporting and assurance impacting organisations of all sizes and develop an action plan to address.
Níall Fitzgerald, FCA. Head of Ethics and Governance, Chartered Accountants Ireland – Níall brings together technical expertise, experience and insights from his role with the Institute and his roles as a non-executive director for an Irish Charity and chair of its governance and risk committee, Trustee for an occupational pension scheme, co-founder of Chapter Zero Ireland, advisory member on several global professional accountancy committees/task forces, and Institute of Banking faculty member with focus on financial service governance, risk, sustainability, culture and ethics.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other CPD course or requirements, please feel free to contact the team here or call us at (+353) 01 523 3930