The format of this course is a Live Webinar. A detailed set of instructions on the Live Webinar will be sent to you closer to date.
Standing tall, not succumbing to pressure and performing an act which compromises integrity is a primary commitment of accountants and finance professionals.
In the Hin Leong case study, the financial information that revealed the dire situation of the company was intentionally hidden away from the banks by the accountants. What was the intent and what were the consequences?
In the case of China Sky and their accounting irregularities, the management refused to appoint a special auditor despite SGX asking them to do so. Why did they refuse to appoint and what was the reason for the irregularities in the financial information?
Another recent case, Hyflux, is also under criminal investigations for false and misleading statements, as well as non-compliance with accounting standards.
By attending the short course, participants will refresh their understanding of the fundamental building blocks of ethics – integrity and objectivity as they delve deep and unravel the critical lessons to be learnt from the case studies.
- Introduction to the case facts of Hin Leong, China Sky and Hyflux
- How were corporate governance principles breached in these cases?
- Ethical challenges faced in the commercial world, including shareholder and stakeholders
- Whistle-blowing and the practical issues faced by the finance professionals
- Why integrity and objectivity are the core pillars of ethics? And why are they important in the current times?
- Takeaways and key learning outcomes from these case studies
Please take note of the following admission requirements:
- Trainings will be conducted on Zoom platform, thus video camera and microphone are compulsory
- Mandatory for video camera to be turned on throughout the course
- Display your official name (as per NRIC) in Zoom, to facilitate attendance taking
- Case studies and discussions
- Sharing and analysis of case examples
Closing Date for Registration
1 week before programme or until full enrolment.
Intended for CFOs, Directors, Internal and External Auditors, Finance Managers, Risk Managers, and other finance professionals.
Category 2 = 2.00 Hours