One Young World is the global forum for young leaders which identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
Chartered Accountants Worldwide is a global network of 14 Chartered Accountancy bodies representing over 1.8 million members and students in 190 countries.
Finance & Business 2030 (FinBiz2030) is a joint initiative between One Young World and Chartered Accountants Worldwide, launched in London in 2019.
Our aim is to establish an active and engaged finance and business community globally that is dedicated to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
To unite & mobilise the finance and business community to achieve the SDGs by 2030
- Raise awareness & drive advocacy of the SDGs
- Implement actions towards positive change within finance & business
- Call for industry-wide action
- Measure and report on impact
The Finance and Business 2030 community pledges to:
- Accelerate progress & take action on the SDGs through the dissemination of information via the Sustainability Hub and through in-person and online events and podcasts.
- Encourage young finance and business professionals to seek out projects – or launch them – in their own communities and organisations where they can make a real difference to the SDGs.
- Provide a platform via the FinBiz2030 newsletter for community members to showcase their projects and achievements.
Online Events & Webinars
Building Resilience: A #FinBiz2030 Webinar Series
Latest FinBiz2030 Webinar
Making COP26 Count
An Intergenerational discussion on how to make a just transition. CAW are partnering with ICAS to bring you a lively event to discuss the outcomes of COP26 and the findings of our global climate research amongst young leaders.
Building Resilience Webinar Highlights
Building Resilience Podcast
Thousands of people from over a hundred countries have participated in the FinBiz2030 Building Resilience Webinar Series. We’ve taken some of the inspiring stories told by young leaders from around the world in these webinars, and created the Building Resilience Podcast. Each short episode, contains a single story from one of the webinar contributors.
Join us to learn about how young people in the business and finance community are providing global leadership through taking local action. And learn how you can help create a sustainable future and tackle the greatest challenges of the 21st Century.
Subscribe to the FinBiz2030 Newsletter
This year’s annual One Young World Summit took place in Manchester, England and brought together over two thousand of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact both in-person and digitally. Delegates arrived from over 190 countries and were counselled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, and many others to harness the knowledge and skills needed for being impactful change makers.
Over 1,300 people from 68 countries joined our final FinBiz2030 event of the year: Making Cop26 Count hosted in partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland, reflecting on the outcomes of COP26.
More than nine out of ten Chartered Accountants and finance professionals believe accountants have an important role to play in climate change, and there is broad optimism within the profession about the measures agreed during the recent COP26 summit.
How You Can Get Involved
- Sign up to the monthly E-newsletter to be kept up to date with everything FinBiz2030
- Spread the word – Raise awareness of the UN SDGs through your social & professional networks by telling your friends and people in your organisation about the Sustainable Development Goals
- Organise an SDG workshop in your organisation or with friends – here’s a simple toolkit to help you!
- Apply to attend the One Young World Summit
- Follow us on social media #FinBiz2030
We are looking for change makers, innovators and disruptors across sectors and industries who believe in the ability of finance to lead change. Participants must be young professionals and be prepared to be actively involved in facilitating the achievement of the SDG goals. You must also fit into either of the following two groups:
a. A qualified finance professional working in the private sector, public sector, in education, corporates and own business
b. Have a strong interest in finance and business solutions to tackle world issues