2020/21 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Aisling McCaffrey, Associate Director, Financial Services Advisory, Grant Thornton, and Caroline McGroary, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Dublin City University, have been awarded the first ever joint Chartered Star award for 2020/21.
Aisling and Caroline will represent the Institute at the prestigious international One Young World summit in Munich in 2021, along with other representatives of the Chartered Accountants Worldwide network. To find out more visit: https://www.charteredaccountants.ie/chartered-star-2020
Associate Director, Financial Services Advisory, Grant Thornton
Assistant Professor of Accounting, Dublin City University
About One Young World
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking and workshops. All delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, delegates have the opportunity to challenge world leaders, interact and be mentored by influencers. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
The Summit will take place from 23 – 26 April 2021, where over 1,800 young leaders from 190+ countries will gather across the city’s well-known venues, including Olympiapark, Olympiahalle, and BMW Welt.
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS IRELAND CHARTERED STAR COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The winner will be chosen by a panel of independent, expert judges.
THE JUDGING CRITERIA ARE:
- » Entries must be received on or before December 13th 2020
- » Completeness of application including relevant social handles
- » Brand-appropriateness
- » All entrants must be a member or students of Chartered Accountants Ireland
- » The winner will be expected to share their journey on social media with blogs, videos, live tweeting etc.
- » The judging panel’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into
- » Upon entering, entrants agree that their content may be distributed via Chartered Accountants Ireland social media channels.
- » The prize is for one member or student only, and is non-transferable and with no cash alternative.
- » The winner is responsible for making arrangements to take time off work/study to attend the event (in person or virtually).
- » Chartered Accountants Ireland reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
- All entry conditions and instructions are deemed to form part of these rules.
- Direct employees of the Chartered Accountants Ireland, its associated companies, advertising and marketing consultants, agents and anyone directly connected with the competition and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The information provided through the Competition will be used only in conjunction with the Competition and not for Direct Marketing purposes.
- Entrants agree that their names, where known may be disclosed by Chartered Accountants Ireland to its agents for the purpose of administering the competition and/or distributing the prize.
- Please refer to the Institute as Chartered Accountants Ireland and do NOT use the acronym CAI
- If you have queries about the competition, please contact email@example.com