Who Should Attend
- SAICA members, associates [CA(SA)/AGA(SA)/AT(SA)].
- All supervisors and managers who are responsible for managing the work of others – across the organisation, at all levels, all functions and roles.
- The CA20205 Enabling Competencies addressed in this session are:
- Business Acumen: (Planning & Organising, Business Internal Environment, Business External Environment, Decision-Making).
- Pathways to Relevance Framework mapping:
- Investment Manager/Financial Manager/Auditing & Assurance/ Consulting Services/Academia/ Entrepreneur/Technology & Digital Enabler/General Manager/Banking/Board Committee Member/ External Governance.
When you manage the work of others, you need to have the skills and tools to bring out the best in your staff members – individually and in teams. The secret to successful management is using everyone, including yourself, to make the greatest impact. This involves setting appropriate work plans and keeping everyone on track.
Join us for this 2 part series which will unpack the Management Toolkit to aid you in your role.
08:25 – 08:35 Registration and welcome
08:35 – 10:00 Interactive online session
Management Toolkit – Part 2: Leading a high performance team (a team with super powers)
- Managing your team, cultivate teamwork, collective potential and collaboration
- Developing flexibility in how you relate to people in your team and the different situations you manage
- Managing your resources
Dr Charles du Toit – a PHD in leadership at the University of Johannesburg in 2014. “The role of HR in creating a leadership brand” has defined my current mission.
I completed my undergraduate, honours and masters degrees in HR at NMMU.
I spent 14 years at VWSA in various IR, HR and training leadership roles.
Served as the HR Director at Eveready( PTY) Ltd for 15 years and HR Executive at MA Automotive for a year.
I have taught leadership and HR subjects at Masters level to both the NMMU HR and Business School for the past 18 years.
I lead my own consultancy “Dr Charles du Toit and Associates “. We focus on Leadership, Business, Human Resources and Conflict Management –coaching, teaching and facilitating, both academic and corporate clients.
Community roles included serving on the NMMU Business School advisory board, Chair of the Nelson Mandela Bay HR Forum , founder and chair of the Uitenhage Peace Committee and SGB chair of the Quest school for Autism.