This course will be delivered via Zoom 13 April 2023 from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. The Zoom link will be emailed to participants the day before the course is due to take place.
Who should attend
Accountants in practice and industry, across all sectors, who want to gain a broad overview of the Climate Action Plan and broader climate policy landscape in Ireland.
- The legislative framework: The Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Acts 2015-2021
- The evolving governance framework for climate action in Ireland at national and local level
- The Climate Action Plan 2023: Key elements and commitments
- The role of the business sector in delivering on the ambition of CAP23
- Implications of the sectoral carbon budgets for business
- What role accountants can play in climate action
- Key short and medium-term recommendations for Irish business
Key learning Outcomes
- Explain where the Climate Action Plan came from and the requirements on government in drafting each annualiteration of the CAP
- Explain the key aspects and features of the Climate Action Plan 2023 including the sectoral carbon budgets
- Understand how businesses can contribute to climate action in Ireland
- Feel empowered to play a role in their own organisations to drive climate action
Dr. Diarmuid Torney – Dr. Diarmuid Torney is an Associate Professor in the School of Law and Government at Dublin City University. His research focuses on climate change politics, policy, and governance. He is co-director of the DCU Centre for Climate and Society and programme chair of DCU’s MSc in Climate Change: Policy, Media and Society. He is a lead author on Ireland’s Climate Change Assessment, commissioned by the Environmental Protection Agency and due for publication later this year.
Dr. Aideen O’Dochartaigh – Dr. Aideen O’Dochartaigh is an expert in sustainability accounting and ESG disclosure. She is Assistant Professor in Accounting at DCU Business School and Programme Director of the Masters in International Accounting and Business. Her research is interdisciplinary in nature and incorporates sustainability reporting practice and regulation, environmental management, sustainability networks and carbon budgeting. She has been published in leading international academic and professional journals.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other CPD course or requirements, please feel free to contact the team here or call us at (+353) 01 523 3930