The course considers post pandemic corporate restructuring as a pathway to a viable and sustainable business. It considers the likely impact of the Pandemic on companies in vulnerable sectors and how business owners can take control and position their business to be viable post COVID-19. It will also examine what is corporate stress as opposed to corporate distress with a view to enabling business forge a path to sustainable businesses.
Price: €45.00 (€36.00 Member price)
CPD hours: 2.50
This course will be delivered via Zoom on Tuesday 19 January 2021 from 2pm to 3pm. The Zoom link will be emailed to participants the day before the course is due to take place.
Who should attend
Accountants and Advisors to companies whose sectors have been impacted by the pandemic and who are facing up to the commercial realities of a post COVID-19 economy for their business.
- The impact of the Pandemic on Corporate Insolvency.
- What is likely to happen when supports end? (with a focus on the most impacted sectorsincluding retail, hospitality tourism etc.)
- Pro-active risk prevention:
- How to prepare for when supports run out?
- Personal exposure of Directors.
- ODCE – restriction and disqualification.
- Using the insolvency practitioner’s toolbox:
- What is the difference between Turnaround v Restructuring v Insolvency?
- What is required at different situations?
- Insolvency as a path to recovery.
- Proactive Corporate Restructuring – using it to your company’s advantage.
- The transfer of pressure to creditors.
- The residual impacts for Directors – cconsiderations and duties of Directors of distressed companies.
- Proactive stakeholder engagement:
- The attitude of banks, landlords and creditors.
- Deals that are being done by key stakeholders including landlords and suppliers.
- Buying and Selling a distressed business
Key learning outcomes
- Determine whether there is a viable business.
- Whether the Company is suitable for turnaround or restructuring.
- Deal with key stakeholders as the company enters a post pandemic economy.
- Position their business on a sustainable and viable footing going forward.