Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is the professional membership body of choice for over 100,000 members based in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
It was established with a goal to provide a professional membership body relevant to our members, equipping them to stand out in today’s marketplace.
Mobility & Opportunities
There are many great reasons to work in Australia or New Zealand, and many opportunities for Chartered Accountants. Here are some useful links and information to help you in starting to think about working in Australia or New Zealand.
You will need a visa in order to work in Australia as a foreigner. For detailed and up to date information, visit the Australian Government portal www.australia.gov.au
Below are links to other useful information sources:
- Visit this site for information about how to apply for work visas, details of skilled occupations in Australia, and more: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work
- Use this link to find out general information about the visa system in operation for foreigners looking to work in Australia: http://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/immigration-and-visas/work-visas
- Australia’s SkillSelect programme ensures that migration of skilled workers is based on Australia’s economic requirements. Use this link to find out more and see if you qualify: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil
If you are thinking about coming to New Zealand for work, there are plenty of sources of information to help you. New Zealand’s Government website includes information about working in the country as a foreigner. The bottom of the page includes a link to register your interest and receive information on jobs and events. www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/work-in-nz
- You are likely to need a job, or an offer of work, to apply for a resident or temporary work visa for New Zealand. There are several possible visas that foreigners may be eligible for, and each visa type has different qualification criteria and application process. Use this link for more information: www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/move-to-nz/new-zealand-visa/work-visa
- Follow this link to find out more about all aspects of working in New Zealand, from skills in demand to employment rights: www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/work
- Use this link to find out more about finding work in New Zealand, including making contacting employers and ensuring your qualifications are recognised: www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/work-in-nz/finding-work
Looking for accounting or finance opportunities in Australia or New Zealand? Visit the links below to continue your search: