Resources – UK & Europe

Within the Europe region, Chartered Accountants Worldwide has three member institutes – ICAEW and ICAS representing the UK and Chartered Accountants Ireland representing Ireland.

Member Organisations


The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales

Founded in the UK in 1880, ICAEW supports, develops and promotes over 151,500 chartered accountants in 148 countries around the world. Headquartered in Chartered Accountants’ Hall, London, we have offices in the UK, Beijing, Brussels, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai and Singapore.


The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)

ICAS is the global professional body for Chartered Accountants. We educate, examine and lead, enabling excellence whilst always acting in the public interest […]


Chartered Accountants Ireland

Chartered Accountants Ireland is the working name of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland. It is the largest and longest established accountancy body in Ireland with 24,000 members and 6,500 students, and it is the leading voice of the accountancy profession in Ireland. Chartered Accountants Ireland is also the fastest growing accountancy body in the UK and Ireland […]

Mobility & Opportunities

There are many great reasons to work in the UK or Europe, and plenty of opportunities for Chartered Accountants. We have collated some useful information and links to assist you in starting to think about working in the UK or Europe.

In order to work in the UK you must hold either an applicable EU passport or relevant working visa. For detailed and up to date information on working in the UK, please visit the UK government website

Below are links to other useful information sources:

If you are a UK citizen or EU national, you have the right to work in any country in the European Economic Area (EEA) without a work permit. The EEA includes:

  • all countries in the European Union (EU)
  • Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein

Your rights

You’ll have the same rights as nationals of the country you’re working in when it comes to:

  • working conditions
  • pay
  • social security (e.g. benefits)

For UK and EU nationals wanting to work in an EEA country, more support and advice can be found on the European Union website, under ‘Learning and Working in Europe’:

It is advisable to contact your home embassy within the country you intend to work in to find further information about relocating to that country.

You will need a work permit to work in most non-EU countries if you are a UK citizen or non-national. In most cases, you’ll need a job offer from your chosen country so that you can get a visa to move there.

It is advisable to contact your home embassy within the country you want to work in to find further information and obtain any necessary documentation. Also remember to check the employment regulations of the country in which you intend to work.

Looking for career opportunities in the UK or Europe? ICAEW, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland have job listings at the links below:

Choose a Region with a CAW Member Organisation