The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. During its 66 years of existence, ICAI has achieved recognition as a premier accounting body not only in the country but also globally […]
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) is the statutory and regulatory body for the accounting profession in Pakistan, formed under the Chartered Accountants Ordinance, 1961. Since inception, ICAP has made concentrated efforts to achieve excellence in its activities, add value to businesses and the economy […]
Ikatan Akuntan Indonesia (Institute of Indonesia Chartered Accountants – IAI) is the recognised professional accountancy organisation in Indonesia. Established in December 23rd, 1957, IAI continues to serve and develop the accountancy profession in the country through among others, establishment of the Chartered Accountant (CA) Indonesia […]
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka) is the national body of accountants in Sri Lanka incorporated by an Act of Parliament in 1959. As the sole authority in promulgating accounting and auditing standards in Sri Lanka, CA Sri Lanka has contributed immensely towards fostering financial knowledge […]
ICAB is a leading professional membership organization that promotes, develops and regulates the accountancy profession in Bangladesh. ICAB members hold a widely respected professional accounting qualification which supports enterprise, corporate governance and sustainable growth in the business environment.
The Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) is the national accountancy body of Singapore. ISCA’s vision is to be a globally recognised professional accountancy body, bringing value to our members, the profession and wider community. There are over 32,000 ISCA members making their stride in businesses across […]
Mobility & Opportunities
There are many great reasons to work in Asia, and plenty of opportunities for Chartered Accountants. We have collated some useful information and links to assist you in starting to think about working in Asia.
To work in Singapore as a foreigner, you must have a work visa before starting employment. There are various types of visas for professionals, and you can find more details at the Singapore Ministry of Manpower website http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits.
Below are links to other useful information sources:
- Singapore’s Government provides information to foreigners about living, starting a business and working as a foreign student here: http://www.mom.gov.sg/working-in-singapore
- The visa application form for foreigners visiting Singapore is available to download free of charge from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at this link: www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/consular_information/foreigners_visiting_singapore.html
The National Portal of India provides access to information and services from all Indian Government agencies. Follow this link to see more: india.gov.in. All foreign nationals entering India must hold a valid international travel document such as a passport, along with a valid visa to enter the country. Individual visa seekers can find out more information about the visa process at this link: indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- You can find more details about India’s fully online e-Visa system, along with a list of countries whose nationals can apply for the e-Visa at this link: indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
- India’s Ministry of Home Affairs has a Foreigners Division. Its website includes relevant information for anyone planning to live and work in India: http://mha1.nic.in/ForeigDiv/ForeigHome.html
- Foreign nationals may require services such as registration or visa extension. More details are available here: mha1.nic.in/ForeigDiv/foreigners_division.htm
Pakistan’s official Government gateway site includes a variety of links to information about the visa application process, immigration policy, business, banking and public services: pakistan.gov.pk
- Foreign nationals may work in Pakistan if they have an appropriate visa and work permit. The Directorate General of Immigration and Passports is responsible for all matters relating to passports, visas and the process for acquiring the necessary documents: www.dgip.gov.pk
- Pakistan Missions abroad are authorised to grant entry work visas to foreign expatriates on the recommendations of the Board of Investment for one year, extendable on a yearly basis: More details are available here: www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Visa%20Categories.aspx
Sri Lanka’s Government has a ‘smart gateway’ website listing much of the important information you might need before seeking work in Sri Lanka. The portal includes links to employment information, banking, tax and insurance, as well as trade and business. You can find out more at www.gov.lk/index.php.
- It’s not possible to change visa type after arriving in Sri Lanka. If you plan to seek employment in the country, you must not use the Electronic Travel Authorization but instead you must have an entry visa. You can find more information about eligibility and the application process at this link: www.immigrationlanka.com/Info-2-4.html
- A Residence Visa is a permit for a non-Sri Lankan to obtain long term facilities for special purposes such as working. See more details about the requirements at this link: workinsrilanka.lk/immigration
Foreigners looking to work in Indonesia must have a work permit called an IMTA and a limited stay visa, or VITAS. Getting accredited to work in Indonesia can be complicated. Your future employer must go through the application process on your behalf by contacting the Ministry of Manpower who will then make a recommendation to the General Directorate of Immigration.
- If you plan to move to Indonesia to live and work, this site has useful information and links: www.expat.or.id/
- You can find more information about Indonesia’s work permit regulations here: emerhub.com/indonesia/2015-new-work-permit-regulations-indonesia/
- Visa requirements for Indonesia are available from this link: www.internations.org/indonesia-expats/guide/moving-to-indonesia-15360/visa-requirements-for-indonesia-2
Looking for accounting or finance opportunities in Singapore, India, Pakistan, Indonesia or Sri Lanka? Visit the links below to continue your search: