Who Should Attend
SAICA members, associates [CA(SA)/AGA(SA)/AT] and trainees
The CA20205 Enabling Competencies addressed in this session are:
- Business Acumen: (Planning & Organising, Business Internal Environment, Business External Environment, Decision-Making).
Pathways to Relevance Framework mapping:
- Investment Manager/Financial Manager/Auditing & Assurance/ Consulting Services/Academia/ Entrepreneur/Technology & Digital Enabler/General Manager/Banking/Board Committee Member/ External Governance.
Each Friday morning SAICA will have webcast sessions of 1 hour:30 minutes covering various non-technical and developmental skills. These sessions will follow the tried and tested “espresso shot” format – to the point, impactful with practical application.
- 08h25 – 08h35 Registration and welcome
08h35 – 10h00 Interactive online session
“Lessons from a pandemic: The new way of working”
- Overview: An analysis of the learnings from 2020, and how the pandemic accelerated the new way of working.
- Learning outcome: Hindsight is 2020, an opportunity to evaluate what the success factors were for organisations that managed the pandemic well.
The saying “the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry” implies that no matter how carefully you plan ahead, something could always go wrong. In 2020, that ‘something’ turned out to be Covid-19. Changes that many of us predicted would happen over decades, are instead taking place in the span of weeks. In a world that will continue to throw new and novel situations at us to navigate the need for adaptability in the workplace – to learn and unlearn – is critical to future success.
Douglas Kruger – Douglas helps organisations thrive in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world by helping them innovate their thinking, brand, products and services. His field-tested innovation methodology has been used in organisations such as Multichoice. Let him unearth your competitive advantage.
Douglas is a speaking record breaker: he has won the Southern African Championships for Public Speaking five times. In recognition of his excellence in the speaking industry, the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa inducted him into the Southern African Speakers Hall of Fame in 2016. He has been a professional speaker since 2004. Douglas is a prolific writer. He has authored seven books and has five of them published by Penguin Random House. His books include, Is Your Thinking Keeping You Poor; They’re Your Rules – Break Them and How To Make Your Point Without PowerPoint.