Advantages of this course
- A look at the theory in each of the IFRS Standards and Interpretations
- Practical examples and case studies looking at the application of the standards
- Discussion groups looking at listed company Annual Financial Statements and the application of the standards therein
- E-learning modules on most of the IFRS standards
- Small classes designed to enhance discussions
- Online certificate assessment
- Allows participants to meet their CPD requirements on either the input or output method
Understanding International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is a prerequisite for all effective financial professionals in their roles within their organisations, be they board and audit committee members, financial directors and managers, auditors or consultants. SAICA continues to offer its members the opportunity to refresh and improve their knowledge on the practical application of IFRS through an interactive and comprehensive part-time course – the SAICA Certificate in IFRS.
This highly successful programme focuses on the practical application of the requirements of IFRS using real life examples and case studies.
The upcoming sessions constitutes 8 interactive virtual contact sessions (webinars) set out over 4 consecutive weeks. The 2021 course dates are detailed below.
One of the most popular features of the course is how easily accessible the course training material is, both during the course and for reference purposes thereafter. Participants each receive access to an interactive web-based application containing all the course materials. The web application will give the participant access to e-learning modules on each IFRS Standard as well as access to case studies and example financial statements, and is accessible from any browser on a desktop computer or mobile device. In addition to the e-learning modules, the application provides access to the actual IFRS Standards. Furthermore, users are able to perform searches across all the Standards, meaning they effectively have a complete, searchable library at their fingertips. This effectively makes the application a one stop solution for all information that one may need in the application of IFRS.
To find out about the course, you can view the introductory video.
Upcoming sessions – Each virtual contact session (interactive webinar) runs for 3 hours
- 09:00 – Contact session commences
- 12:00 – Contact session concludes
- Understand financial reporting across all IFRSs
- Apply principles, concepts and knowledge of IFRS in a business context
- Produce and interpret financial statements and information
- Make more informed business decisions
- Assess the standards’ commercial impact on your business
- Provide practical business advice
- Discussion of practical application of IFRS standards in the world of COVID-19
The facilitators are all CAs(SA) and JSE-accredited IFRS Advisors. This team of IFRS experts has delivered extensive training both locally and globally to SAICA members.